Tuesday, March 5, 2013

8 films to hold you. the eight one. the eighth script.

fatale which has been with me for quite (no pun intended) some time now. written originally as the first scene of a (as yet unfinished) feature length screenplay and intended for my Hungarian Muse, my Uma (who had to go ahead and get all famous in Hungary before we could find the $$ to make it), this script kinda just languished untouched for years and years until this project came up and I decided to dust it off and give it a fresh coat of paint; which makes me quite (no pun intended) happy as I LOVE these two characters and am excited to bring them to life and can think of no better milieu than right here and right now.

The germ of the script came from an idea I had to make a noir film with two femme fatales (and YES I know Bound but Corky is the gumshoe character and not a femme fatale so shuttayouface), where we bump off the Sam Spade character in the first 10 seconds of the film and make our evil woman the protagonist...the story of this script (that is as yet unwritten...why do you have any money?) centers around the search for a missing brother, a Southern drug kingpin and a lot of kick ass assassin vs assassin action. someday, I'll get around to actually finishing it but as of today, the only extant parts are this opening scene and a couple small "connecting" scenes.  However, now that I've found my MAGNIFICENT cast, I'm going to do a rewrite to make this more "standalone".




No comments:

Post a Comment