Friday, July 26, 2013

This is it.

the final script. the last film.  the end of the road.  this time next week, It'll be all over but the crying.

here we go:

last.worst

I find that sometimes the autobiographical ones are easier to write and they may also bring with them the added absolution that comes from putting something that had been festering inside you into a tangible expressive form.  I don't know if that will happen with this one or not but this story does come from a true place in my past.  anyone who knows me probably already knows that.

anywhoo...

We're shooting on Saturday in the exact same location that we shot the first one, "little ditty 'bout black and dyin'"  because I am a firm believer in the power of BOOKENDS, BABY!!!  I'm actually quite (no pun intended) curious if the raccoons are still there. Last year (can't believe I get to say that...) there were babies so I wonder if this year there will be teenagers. Actually I don't know the developmental process of raccoons so they may be adults who've left ma and pa behind for all I know.  but hopefully we'll get another cameo.


the other great thing about this one is my cast!

First of all I get to (finally) do one of these with my best friend in the universe, the yin to my yang, my heterosexual life partner, my first college roommate, my first producing partner, my first (and only) co-writer, best man at my wedding and the only person in my life who knew me as the piece of shit I was at 19 and CHOSE to stick around.  I'm talking about the one and only...

wait for it....

wait for it...



Austin Jones
My oldest and bestest friend and the one A.J. (go figure) is based on in F**k New York  (interesting side note, the character was originally named "J.J." but Tim flubbed it during the only speech where he called him by name and accidentally said "A.J.",  making it a WAY obvious nod to Austin instead of the subtle one I had intended...oh art, why must you happen so...)  and is the guy many moons ago who moved with me to NYC to chase the dream and live the heartbreak of F**k New York.  It was Austin who shared my first (and only) real brush with "almost", after we wrote a script together that got some moderate attention...

to have him on this project is, and I mean this without a trace of hyperbole, the GREATEST FLUSHING THING IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE.

and as if that weren't enough....

People....fan(s)...followers....

WE HAVE FRANNY!!!


HTKYIOY #1

HTKYIOY # 3

HTKYIOY#9

This will be Franny's FIFTH (yes, I said fifth and my math is not wrong because she is also in our "Baker's Dozen BONUS Film, to be released soon!) time with us and we love her more and more every time. She generous, patient, beautiful, talented, fearless...all those good actor adjectives and beyond all that she's a freakin' delight to be around; a truly great human being (which trumps talent any day...but she's got the talent too). Honestly, one of the very best things about this project was finding her.  she is the real deal. I hope we work together until we die.  or quit. face.

Okay...enough gushing. let's get to the getting to. Let's make this puppy.  let's make some big ass art!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment